Article 1 (Personal information)
The term "Personal Information" refers to “Personal Information” as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and denotes information (Personally Identifiable Information) regarding a living individual which can be used to distinguish that specific individual, including name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other details, as well as information which by itself can be used to identify the specific individual, such as appearance, fingerprint and voiceprint data, and health insurance number.
Article 2 (How personal information is collected)
The Company may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, driver’s license number, etc. when users register for use. In addition, information on transaction records and settlements including user personal information made between users and partner companies, etc. may be collected from our partner companies (including information providers, advertisers, advertising destinations, etc. hereinafter referred to as “partners”), etc.
Article 3 (Purpose of collecting and using personal information)
The purposes of collecting and using personal information are as follows.
- For the provision and operation of our services
- To answer inquiries from users (including verification of identity)
- Purposes incidental to the above purpose of use
Article 4 (Change of purpose of use)
- The Company shall change the Purpose of Use of Personal Information only when the Purpose of Use is reasonably recognized to be relevant to that before the change.
- Any change in the Purpose of Use shall be notified to the User or made public on the Website in the manner prescribed by Us with respect to the changed Purpose.
Article 5 (Provision of personal information to a third party)
The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the consent of users in advance, except in the following cases: Provided, however, that this shall not apply to cases where permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.
- When it is necessary to protect the life, body or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary for a national institution or a local public body or a person entrusted with it to cooperate in carrying out the affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and with the consent of the person himself / herself, in carrying out the affairs. When there is a risk of hindrance
- When the following matters have been announced or announced in advance and the Company has notified the Personal Information Protection Commission.
- The purpose of use includes provision to a third party
- Items of data provided to third parties
- Means or method of provision to a third party
- Suspension of the provision of personal information to a third party at the request of the person
- Methods of accepting requests from the person in question
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding clause, in the following cases, the recipient of said information shall not fall under the category of a third party.
- Cases where the Company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- Cases where personal information is provided due to business succession due to merger or other reasons
- Cases where personal information is used jointly with a specific person and where the personal information is notified to the person or put in a readily accessible condition for the person in advance with regard to the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of persons to be used jointly, the purpose of use of the person to be used, and the name or name of the person responsible for the management of the personal information
Article 6 (Correction and deletion of personal information)
- In the event that the personal information in the possession of the Company is incorrect, the User may request that the Company correct, add, or delete the personal information (hereinafter referred to as the “Correction, etc.”) in accordance with the procedures set forth by the Company.
- In the event the Company determines that it is necessary to comply with the request as set forth in the preceding paragraph upon receipt of the request from the User, the Company shall correct such Personal Information without delay.
- The Company will notify the User of any correction or decision not to make such correction or correction in accordance with the provisions of the preceding clause without delay.
Article 7 (suspension of use of personal information, etc.)
- The Company shall suspendsor delete the use of personal informatio when the personal information is handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or because it was obtained by fraudulent means (hereinafter, if asked to "suspend use, etc."), we shall carry out the necessary investigation without delay.
- Based on the survey results in the preceding paragraph, if we determine when it is necessary to respond to the request, and suspend the use of the personal information without delay.
- The Company will notify the user of any suspension of use or decision not to suspend use in accordance with the provisions of the preceding clause without delay.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two clauses, in the event the Company has a large amount of expenses for the Suspension of Use, etc., or in the event it is difficult to implement Suspension of Use, etc., the Company shall take alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the Users.
- The contents of this Policy may be changed without notice to the user, except for matters otherwise provided by laws or ordinances or in this Policy.
Article 9 (Inquiry window)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following.
Address: 4-5-12 Nihonbashihoncho, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Company name: Nihonbashi Marutamaya Co., Ltd.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org